January 15, 2024
The College of Dental Hygienists of Nova Scotia (CDHNS), the Denturist Licensing Board of Nova Scotia (DLBNS), and the Nova Scotia Dental Technicians Association (NSDTA), are pleased to collaborate with the Department of Health and Wellness (DHW) to amalgamate our professions into one regulatory body.
Calling all Denturists
and Denturism students!
Why practice in Nova Scotia?
- There are only 27 Denturists in Nova Scotia (as of January 2023) serving a population of about a million people.
- Opportunities to purchase established practices with long-standing and loyal patient bases.
- Supportive collaboration with colleagues who strive for the advancement of the profession (as seen by the recent expansion of scope of practice to place Removeable Dentures Over Implants in October 2019).
- Nova Scotia offers a quality of life that is unmatched throughout North America, allowing you to truly have it all: work, family and relaxation.
- More than 7,400 kilometres of coastline.
- Nova Scotia is surrounded by natural beauty – rolling sea, lush green forests, lakes, farmland, and more … all while remaining close to an Urban Centre.
- Nova Scotia is one of the lowest cost of living provinces in all of Canada. (In November 2022, the average value of a home in Nova Scotia was about $360,000, compared to about $600,000 for all of Canada.)
- Membership Fee with the Denturist Society of Nova Scotia (DSNS) will be waived for your first year of membership.
The DLBNS is the organization that regulates the practice of Denturism in Nova Scotia, under the requirements of the provincial Denturists Act.
If you’re looking for a Denturist, please visit the Denturist Society website.
If you have a complaint about a Denturist, see our Complaint Process page.
If you are a Denturist in Nova Scotia, or want to be one, this is the place for you.